- 2 green mangoes
- dried squid, amount to taste
- fresh herbs to taste: Thai basil, coriander, mint, etc.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp fish sauce
- 1 bird’s eye chili or ½ chili for lesser heat
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- For the dressing, mix the lemon, sugar, fish sauce, chili and garlic together until the sugar is completely or largely dissolved.
- Peel the mangoes, cut into thin slices and place in a bowl. Tear or cut the dried squid into strips and sprinkle over the mango. Pour an amount of dressing over the salad to taste.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Taste and add any extra dressing, fish sauce or sugar.