- 300 g beef, such as tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 250 g shrimp, halved (optional)
- 250 g squid, sliced (optional)
- rice vermicelli, cooked according to instructions
- rice paper
- vegetables to taste: mint, Thai basil, coriander, cucumber, mixed salad, green mango (or sour apple, such as Granny Smiths), star fruit (carambola), etc.
- an electric fondue pot and fondue spoons
- 3 stalks of lemongrass, bruised bottom only
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 l orange soda lemonade (sisi, sinas)
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- pinch of salt
- sugar to taste (optional)
- Put a little oil in a pan and fry the onion, lemongrass and garlic until fragrant. Add the orange lemonade, vinegar, a pinch of salt and sugar to taste and bring to a boil. Turn the heat on the softest position to keep the broth warm.
- Put the different types of meat in a large bowl. Place the meat and fresh herbs, cooked vermicelli, sauces and a bowl of water for the rice paper on the dining table.
- Place in the middle of the table the fondue pot. Carefully pour the pan into the fondue pot with broth and turn the electricity on.
- Each eater gets a plate, a bowl and chopsticks. Fondue spoons are usually used together. You can put all ingredients in a bowl and/or roll it in rice paper and dip in the sauces.