- 300 g steak or sirloin steak
- 75 g mixed lettuce, preferably with rocket leaves
- Thai basil leaves, cilantro and mint
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilis, julienned or thin rings and seeds removed
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (brown) sugar
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan or griddle pan and sear the meat on all sides. Turn the heat to medium and cook for about 2-3 minutes medium.
- Put the mixed lettuce, Thai basil, cilantro and mint on a plate. Sprinkle the red onion and chilies on top.
- Cut the steak into strips and arrange them on the plate with vegetables.
- Pour an amount of dressing to taste and mix well. Add some black pepper to taste.