Shellfish in a different way. Grilled in the oven (barbecue is even better), and one by one, covered with a delicious marinade with oyster sauce and tamarind. This marinade is delicious with all kinds of shellfish such as sea almonds, clams and mussels. This dish seems laborious but it is not so bad, especially for the tasty treat that you get in return. Make sure you the garnish and marinade is ready after you have baked the shells shortly. To get the shells open easily, I fry them briefly with butter. After that, they need only 5 minutes in the oven.
- 30 mussels (approximately 600 g)
- full-cream butter
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste from block (to make tamarind juice)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 cm to taste), minced
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- spring onion oil Mo hanh
- roasted peanuts Dau phong rang, chopped
- fried dried onions, hand-made or homemade (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Put the tamarind in a bowl and add boiled water that just cover the tamarind. Mash the tamarind and stir well. The water color turns brown of the tamarind pulp. Once the water doesn’t get darker anymore the tamarind is ready. The fibers and seeds are not used.For the marinade, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and add the garlic and ginger in there. Don’t let the garlic turn brown. Add the oyster sauce, chili sauce, tamarind juice and sugar and stir well. Taste, adjust seasoning to taste and let stand.
- Clean the mussels by placing them a few times in a container with water and salt and rinse.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the mussels. Stir once and put the lid on the pan. Turn off the heat once the shells have opened. Let cool slightly. This baking is just to open the shells and to create a touch of butter, so don’t cook them too long.
- Remove each half of the shell. Place the mussels on a baking sheet or roasting tin. Put a little marinade over the mussels with a small teaspoon. Garnish each shell with a little spring onion oil, roasted peanuts and dried onions.
- Make sure the oven is hot. Grill the mussels 5 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the mussels from the oven and place the shells on a large plate. Nice to cover the bowl with lamb’s lettuce and pour the remaining sauce over it.