- 100 g pork belly
- 12 tiger prawns, peeled
- 1 small green mango
- 6 green leaves of spring onion, halved lengthwise
- fresh herbs to taste: mint, coriander, Thai basil, perilla, etc.
- little salt, pepper, sugar, fish sauce
Fish sauce vinaigrette
You can also use the basic fish sauce dipping. Put extra sugar, lemon juice or fish sauce to taste.
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp boiled water, from kettle
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bird’s eye chillies, thinly sliced
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil to cook the pork belly. Put the pork with a little salt in the pan, and make sure the meat is submerged. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- For the vinaigrette, mix water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool. Add the lemon juice, fish sauce, garlic clove and bird’s eye chilli rings. Taste and add any extra sugar and fish sauce.
- Marinate the shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon black pepper and ½ teaspoon fish sauce.
- Remove the pork belly from the pan as soon as it is cooked and let cool.
- Apply a small amount of water in a pan. Bring it to the boil to blanch the spring onion stalks. Put the green stems in the water and blanch for no longer than 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut the green mango in julienne shreds and spread the mango slices on a plate.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and grill the shrimp over high heat on both sides, and lightly charred. Let them cool lightly on a plate.
- Cut the pork belly into slices, in at least 12 slices.
- Place a shrimp on a plate or cutting board. Put on the shrimp some fresh herbs to taste. Put the herbs on a slice of pork belly and wrap the bundle with a spring onion and knot it. Place the bundle on the plate with the julienned mango. Repeat for the other 11 shrimps.
- Pour a few tablespoons of vinaigrette to taste on the bundles and mango strips, or dip the bundles with some mango in a bowl of vinaigrette. Serve with prawn crackers or sesame rice crackers.