(about 8 – 10 spring rolls)
- 4 lap xuong sausages
- handful dried shrimps
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 jicama or cassava, peeled and julienned
- Thai basil (and/or lettuce to taste)
- rice paper
- fish sauce
- ground pepper
- Stir-fry in a frying pan the lap xuong sausages without oil for about 30 minutes until browned. Let cool slightly and cut into thin slices or strips.
- Put the dried shrimp in a bowl with hot water and let soak for 20 minutes. Drain the shrimp.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add a few drops of fish sauce and a pinch of salt to taste . Fry in some oil a thin omelette, roll it up and cut into strips.
- Put some oil in a frying pan or wok and stir-fry the soaked shrimp, carrots and jicama. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Put all ingredients in bowls or plates, and place on the table. Give each person a bowl of dipping sauce. Place a large bowl with hot water to soak the rice paper. Scroll some Thai basil or lettuce, carrot and jicama slices, dried shrimps and lap xuong sausages in rice paper to taste.