For lunch I like to eat a Surinamese sandwich with chicken livers, pickled cucumber and sambal. There are plenty of applications with chicken livers. Not everyone likes them. This is a dish that my mother sometimes makes for a rice table. Just simple and tasty.
- 350 g chicken livers
- 1 tsp cornflour
- pinch of salt
- 500 g of cauliflower
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- black pepper
- Remove the white pieces and fibers of the chicken livers. Cut the livers in half to taste. Put the livers in a bowl, add cornstarch and a pinch of salt. Stir well.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets or slices and rinse them with water. Blanch the cauliflower with a pinch of salt for about 1 minute.
- Heat oil and add the onions. Once the aroma releases, add the chicken livers and garlic. Bake for about 8 minutes until browned and cooked . Add the chicken livers in a bowl and set aside.
- Put a little oil in the same pan and fry the cauliflower briefly. Add the oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and sesame oil and stir well. As soon as the liquid begins to boil, add the chicken livers back into the pan. Stir well.
- Serve the chicken livers and cauliflower in a bowl or plate. Add some black pepper. Serve with rice table and basic fish dipping sauce.