Ingredients (4 portions)
For change, put a scoop of vanilla ice cream with Che chuoi. Vanilla ice cream, warm coconut milk and a hard crust caramel banana is a true taste sensation.
- 700 ml water
- 50 g small tapioca pearls (more or less for a thicker or watery substance)
- 60 ml coconut milk
- 3½ tbsp sugar pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- roasted peanuts (unsalted), finely chopped
- 4 ripe bananas and sturdy, preferably small bananas, halved lenthwise
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, preferably small banana, halved lengthwise (mini bananas are also very tasty)
- batter: 50 g flour, ½ tsp baking powder, pinch of salt, some sugar (optional, small bananas are sweet enough), 100 ml of water
- Bring the water to a boil and add the tapioca pearls. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Tapioca pearls will become more transparent and the water thick and sticky.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt and stir well. Let simmer 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle some vanilla extract. Season to taste with extra sugar or salt. Leave the soup and bake the bananas.
For caramelized bananas
- Heat the butter in a skillet and place the bananas on the sliced side in the pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bananas. Fry the bananas brown on both sides.
For baked bananas
- Stir the ingredients of the batter until smooth. Put the bananas into the batter and fry in plenty of oil until the banana is crisp and golden brown.
- Pour some tapioca soup in a bowl and sprinkle with roasted peanuts. Serve the bananas separately with the soup.